May is National Arthritis Month and the Arthritis Walk is the Arthritis Foundation’s nationwide, signature fundraising event with more than 200 Arthritis Walks across the country.
Arthritis is more widespread than imagined, affecting nearly 50 million American adults and more than 300,000 children.
The Kansas City Arthritis Walk will be held Sunday, May 22nd at the Zona Rosa Shopping District in North Kansas City (610 N. Dixon, KCMO 64153). People are invited to sign up, form a team to fundraise for the Arthritis Foundation in the months leading up to the event and to walk together on May 22nd.
Each person who fundraises $100 or more will receive an official Arthritis Walk t-shirt. Funds raised go to arthritis research, programs and services and patient advocacy efforts. For information on how to register, please visit www.afwalkkc.kintera.org, or call (913) 262-2233.
Day-of event details:
- This event runs from 8 am to 10 am.
- The walk route will be less than 1 mile, making it accessible for all participants.
- Participants will enjoy refreshments, games, face-painting, live entertainment and raffle prizes.
- As many as 1 in 5 adult dogs get arthritis. Dogs on leashes who are accompanied by their owners
are welcome to participate in the Kansas City Arthritis Walk.
- Worth Harley Davidson will be leading the Walk this year on motorcycles.
For information, please contact our pal Annie Noonen at (913) 262-2233, ext 110.